Friday, July 15, 2016

Portuguese Border Stitch rows

 Stitch #45 of Sharon's TAST was the Portuguese Border Stitch.  I love the look of this stitch and enjoyed doing it as well.
 The dark blue little plant shapes were done with the Berry Stitch (TAST #46) & above them I worked some Chained Cross Stitches.  Not sure if I like the chained cross stitch very much but I'll use the berry stitch again I'm sure.
 Wasn't sure at first where I'd put TAST stitch #49 - Needlewoven Picots but eventually settled on the ears.  I love the look of this stitch. My tension is improving and getting more consistent the more I do.
 Still have the left ear to finish but it's filling up!
 I've always liked the feather stitch and these Knotted Feather stitches were quick to work up.
Taking a break from my TASTY Owl I'm stitching on a piece of resist dyed felt for the front and back covers of a book.  Will have a finished picture of it next time :)

Have a wonderful, creative and beautiful day & thank you for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. What an absolutely wonderful way to practice new stitches. The owl looks super & you have the opportunity of learning which stitches you like and want to use in the future (& the opposite too: what you don't like). Thank you for taking the time & effort for the rest of us to learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your owl is looking so impressive you must be delighted such a great way to do the stitches. Book cover coming along well too

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Woven Picots are perfectly used on the 'ears'. The background is a real showcase of TAST stitches, the owl picture is growing more beautiful for each new stitch you add.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitches !!!! And embroidery !
    Maravilhoso !!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Portuguese Border Stitch calls to me! I think it's a combination of the color and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is so beautiful and those picots are perfect for his ears. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your newest blue stitches. Owl is really looking beautiful and you have such an amazing variety is stitches to create him. I always enjoy your many projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are creating a wonderful piece of Art and you should be so very proud of your talent. The stitches are always so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your owl is so amazing - it's always fun for me to see how you incorporate the stitches into him and I have to say using needlewoven picots for his ears was an inspired choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantabulous looking owl!!! So much details and hard work, so unique and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful combinations of stitches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate all of them!